was established in
Indian Subsidiary of Braithwaite & Co. Engineers Limited (U.K.),
for undertaking fabrication of Structural Steel Works. The Clive works
in Calcutta commenced manufacture of
for Indian Railways from 1934.
In the meanwhile the Company was incorporated in erstwhile Bengal as
on February 28, 1930. In the year 1960
Angus Works located at Bhadreswar, Dist. Hooghly was setup for
Cranes, Foundry products,
etc. The Project Division at Calcutta
was established in 1978 to execute
projects for material handling plants. In 1987 Victoria
Works was taken over, which is equipped with all facilities for
Pressure Vessels, Railway
Wagons and Heavy Structurals for Bridges and other engineering
Braithwaite & Co Limited was
registered and incorporated on 1st December 1976 as a fully owned Govt.
of India Undertaking. The company today has three units - Clive Works,
Victoria Works both in Calcutta and Angus Works (in Hooghly District),
West Bengal. With effect from 6th August, 2010 the administrative
control of the company has been taken over by the Ministry of Railways.