Ro Ro Wagon
RDSO has designed Low Floor RoRo Wagon dedicatedly for Ro-Ro service.
Floor height of this Wagon is 975mm (i.e. 299 mm less than BRN 22.9 Wagon)
First prototype wagon is manufactured by Braithwaite & Co. Limited.
- 5 Units of 2 Nos A-Car and 7 Nos B-Car.
- Can carry all length of Rigid Frame Trucks (12 m).
- 45 Nos of Rigid Frame Trucks can be transported in a rake.
- Possibility of loading semi articulated vehicle having length more than 12m on two wagons.
- No restriction of width, length and gross load of trucks.
- Maximum height of trucks cannot be more than 3000mm in IRSOD.
However, no restriction of height of DWARF Container and DFC routes (3.8m Height).
- Coupler connection between wagons instead of Slackless Drawbars facilitates
easier detachment and swapping of sick wagons.
Higher Throughput & Flexibility
- Expansion of Roll on and Roll off (RO-RO) through optimization of wagon design.
- New design of RO-RO will give much more option up to 92 in normal condition and 114 types of trucks may be get transported in dedicated freight corridors.
- Roll on and Roll off will facilitate road transport also and will create a win-win situation for both the sector and will ultimately help in reducing overall freight cost in India.
Enhanced Carrying Capabilities
- RORO Wagon has provision for fitment of Automatic Twist Lock for carrying of ISO Containers.